What is ______2_9_6_c_5_c_9_5_e_c_8_4_a_6_3_d_6_7_d_6_5_0_b_4_2_5_2_3_7_2_b_2______?
The word “Development ” in this definition implicates two important aspects of the concept: It is omni-disciplinary, it cannot be limited to a number of disciplines or areas, but it is applicable to the whole world and everyone and everything on it, now and in the future. Secondly, there is no set aim, but the continuation of development is the aim of the development.
Sustainable Development is important for the environmental stability of our Mother Earth… The main focus of Sustainable Development is to preserve the natural resources and use them very cautiously so that we can protect our Mother Earth from devastation…!!
The definition is based on two concepts:
- The concept of needs, comprising of the conditions for maintaining an acceptable life standard for all people, and
- The concept of limits of the capacity of the environment to fulfil the needs of the present and the future, determined by the state of technology and social organization.
Architecture and Sustainability Factors
Architecture presents a unique challenge in the field of sustainability. Construction projects typically consume large amounts of materials, produce tons of waste, and often involve weighing the preservation of buildings that have historical significance against the desire for the development of newer, more modern designs.
Sustainable construction is defined as “the creation and responsible management of a healthy built environment based on resource efficient and ecological principles”. Sustainably designed buildings aim to lessen their impact on our environment through energy and resource efficiency.
It includes the following principles:
- Minimising non-renewable resource consumption
- Enhancing the natural environment
- Eliminating or minimising the use of toxic materials
“Sustainable building” can be defined as those buildings that have minimum adverse impacts on the built and natural environment, in terms of the building themselves, their immediate surroundings and the broader regional and global setting. Thus, the rational use of natural resources and appropriate management of the building stock will contribute to saving scarce resources reducing energy consumption and improving environmental quality.
Sustainable buildings should:
- Harvest all their own water and energy needs on site.
- Be adapted specifically to site climate and evolve as conditions change.
- Operate pollution free and generate no waste that aren’t useful for some other process in the building or immediate environment.
- Promote the health and well-being of all inhabitants, as a healthy ecosystem does.
- It should comprise energy efficient integrated systems that maximize efficiency and comfort.
- Improve the health and diversity of the local ecosystem rather than degrade it.
- Be beautiful and inspire us to dream.
Sustainable design is the thoughtful integration of architecture with electrical, mechanical, and structural engineering. In addition to concern for the tradition; aesthetics of massing, proportion, scale, texture. Shadow and light, the facility design team needs to be concerned with long term costs: environmental, economic and human. All in all sustainable design is more of a philosophy of a building than perspective building style.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.