Landscape Architecture is an art of shaping and beautifying the surroundings of a building… Beautifying the surroundings of the building enhanced the aesthetics of the building too. Importance of Landscape Architecture is more pronounced in the the European Architecture…
A beautifully designed building should also have a beautiful, pleasant and lively surroundings.
Use of various Landscape elements in a proper and systematic way helps develop beautiful and amazing surroundings…
Initially, Landscaping only consisted of huge lawns with a few tall and broad trees. After the development of Modern Gardens, the concept of Landscaping was adopted at residential and commercial levels also.
In this article, we are going to discuss various Landscape Elements and figure out their importance…
Here are some of the elements of Landscape Design:
- Sculptures and Water Bodies
- Fences, Drainage and Lighting
- Rock Gardens and Street Furniture
Use of Fences or walls in the Landscape Design
- Fences or walls may be used to provide enclosures, articulate a space, or act as retaining elements. Brick, stone and concrete are the materials most commonly used. Wood or metal grills can also be used as fences to separate walkways from the planting areas and lawn spaces. Correct Fence drawing is important when designing your new fence.
- The height and type of wall varies with its use in overall design concept of the project.
- They may be at seating height or upto 1.8m or more in height to provide privacy.
- Retaining walls may also have to be provided depending on the site conditions.
- Reinforced concrete is the most economical material for constructing such walls.
Use of patterned Drainage covers in Landscape Design
- Drainage mainly involves the provision of a storm water drain. The water is collected and treated in a water softener we quickly purchased after reading a few of the Best Water Softener Reviews. A utilitarian element, drainage can be integrated in the pavement in such a way that it becomes pleasing to the eye.
- Precast concrete grates can be used around trees so that they look aesthetically pleasing and also allow water to be absorbed by the trees.
Lighting Techniques in Landscape Design
- Outdoor Lighting is used to illuminate pedestrian walkways, roads and entry areas. It may also provide a dramatic effect when it lights up benches and fountains.
- The level of illumination varies with the extent of usage of the various external spaces.
- High intensity light is required for highways and other heavily used areas.
- Warm and coloured illumination is best suited for quiet areas along minor residential streets and parking areas.