Green Building Architecture in High rise Structures
High rise buildings support green features to a small extent. Hence it is a bad concept to go for the construction of High rise buildings if we are to incorporate green features into the building. Incorporating various green features could make the construction 5 times more expensive than the cost incurred in regular methods of construction.
Aliens Space Station is an excellent example of the High rise Green Buildings.
Green Architecture Design Features to be incorporated into the Building Design
- Ceiling height – 12 feet
- between rooms
- outside/ inside
- Inside and inside
- The doors should be designed with louvers at the bottom.
- Cavity walls or thick walls on Southern and western side of the building.
- Use your facades, chajjas, rooftops, active solar photovoltaics.
- Colour of the building (Light colour)
- Orientation of the building