Posts Tagged Transport planning
Transportation planning’s related disciplines of land use planning, architecture, landscape design, urban economics and social policy have undergone major internal reform efforts over the past few decades but unfortunately, transport planning seems to be stuck in the 1950s mentality and believes that all the urban problems such as congestion, mobility and economic development has an engineering solution.
Sustainable Urbanism has been identified as the most important environmental concern of the coming century by different experts from different fields whereas transportation planning remains isolated forming a large gap in the strategies of urban sustainability.
Importance of Transportation planning
Transportation is not an end in itself. Rather, it is an investment tool that cities use to help achieve their larger goals. Transportation planners and engineers always focus on the efficient movement of people and goods across the country. However, transportation touches all aspects of city life such as economic development, quality of life, social equity, public health and ecological sustainability.
Ecological sustainability, Economic development, Importance of Transportation Planning, Public health, Quality of life, Social equity, Sustainable transport, Sustainable Urbanism, Town Planning, Transport planning, Transportation planning
- Amazing Post-Modernist Architecture
- Role of Teachers in Architectural Education
- Design of Spas | New Generation Health Mantra
- Development of Architectural Styles and Construction Techniques
- Site Analysis and Development | Principles of Green Architecture
- A Guide to Site Planning
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Hyderabad, India | Green Buildings
- Importance of Telephone and Computer Networking in Architectural Practice
- How is land divided in a town/city?
- Relationship between Ancient and Modern Architecture