Posts Tagged Transport planning
Transportation planning’s related disciplines of land use planning, architecture, landscape design, urban economics and social policy have undergone major internal reform efforts over the past few decades but unfortunately, transport planning seems to be stuck in the 1950s mentality and believes that all the urban problems such as congestion, mobility and economic development has an engineering solution.
Sustainable Urbanism has been identified as the most important environmental concern of the coming century by different experts from different fields whereas transportation planning remains isolated forming a large gap in the strategies of urban sustainability.
Importance of Transportation planning
Transportation is not an end in itself. Rather, it is an investment tool that cities use to help achieve their larger goals. Transportation planners and engineers always focus on the efficient movement of people and goods across the country. However, transportation touches all aspects of city life such as economic development, quality of life, social equity, public health and ecological sustainability.
Ecological sustainability, Economic development, Importance of Transportation Planning, Public health, Quality of life, Social equity, Sustainable transport, Sustainable Urbanism, Town Planning, Transport planning, Transportation planning
- Mapping of Visual Parameters | Architectural Drawing
- Habit to Postpone the work | Seven Aspects of Personality Development
- Design Stages for carrying out Thesis Project
- Chandigarh Rock Garden | Turning Trash into Treasure
- New Trends in the Bathroom Architecture
- Why is Transportation Planning important?
- How to design a 2BHK Courtyard House?
- Critical Thinking about the Future of Architecture
- Importance of the Design of Office Interiors
- Designing a Holiday Resort | Architecture and Design