Posts Tagged Public health
Transportation planning’s related disciplines of land use planning, architecture, landscape design, urban economics and social policy have undergone major internal reform efforts over the past few decades but unfortunately, transport planning seems to be stuck in the 1950s mentality and believes that all the urban problems such as congestion, mobility and economic development has an engineering solution.
Sustainable Urbanism has been identified as the most important environmental concern of the coming century by different experts from different fields whereas transportation planning remains isolated forming a large gap in the strategies of urban sustainability.
Importance of Transportation planning
Transportation is not an end in itself. Rather, it is an investment tool that cities use to help achieve their larger goals. Transportation planners and engineers always focus on the efficient movement of people and goods across the country. However, transportation touches all aspects of city life such as economic development, quality of life, social equity, public health and ecological sustainability.
Ecological sustainability, Economic development, Importance of Transportation Planning, Public health, Quality of life, Social equity, Sustainable transport, Sustainable Urbanism, Town Planning, Transport planning, Transportation planning
- Exterior Architecture Vs Interior Design
- Green Architecture Features in High Rise Buildings
- Dutch Gardens | Imitation of French Gardens
- Energy Efficiency through Urban Design and Urban Planning
- Architecture… where Form Follows Function
- Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP)
- Le Corbusier | The Legend
- Green Roofing Technology | Eco-friendly Roofs
- English Gardens | Legendary Gardening Style
- Study Architecture | Challenging And Fun