Posts Tagged How to do Thesis?
Stages of Design to be followed in Architectural Thesis Project
In our earlier Thesis articles series, we discussed the following:
- Introduction to Thesis Project
- Guidelines for the assessment of the Final Project
- Thesis topic selection
- Selection and analysis of the site
In this article, we will discuss various stages which you have to follow while carrying out your Architectural Thesis Project.
1. Key plan (Conceptual Master plan)
Preparation of a Master plan for your project is the first and foremost stage of design. Allocation of different structures, open spaces, road network has to be carefully done when designing the masterplan. It should comply with all the rules and regulations of the area.
2. Comprehensive Layout plan
3. Discussions and Delegations to be carried out including internal faculty, visiting faculty, professional architects, urban designers etc.
Landscape can be divided into two parts:
- Hard Landscape (street furniture design such as benches, railings, lampposts etc)
- Soft Landscape (Plants, Shrubs and trees)
A proper and efficient design of landscape also plays an important part in the justification of your design. The selection of trees to be used for your design has to be carefully done. Emphasis on the use of trees, plants and shrubs available locally.
Placement of plants, shrubs and trees in a pattern that would suit your design and the surroundings. This would increase the aesthetic appeal of the place.
5. Streetlighting (internal and external)
6. Connectivity to the city
Justify proper connectivity of your project site to the city. It is one of the important factors to be paid attention to while selecting the site and then designing.
a. Proximity to the Airport (important in this case)
b. Proximity to the Transportation Facilities
- i. Roadways
- ii. MMTS
- iii. MRTS
- iv. Highways