Posts Tagged Economic development
Transportation planning’s related disciplines of land use planning, architecture, landscape design, urban economics and social policy have undergone major internal reform efforts over the past few decades but unfortunately, transport planning seems to be stuck in the 1950s mentality and believes that all the urban problems such as congestion, mobility and economic development has an engineering solution.
Sustainable Urbanism has been identified as the most important environmental concern of the coming century by different experts from different fields whereas transportation planning remains isolated forming a large gap in the strategies of urban sustainability.
Importance of Transportation planning
Transportation is not an end in itself. Rather, it is an investment tool that cities use to help achieve their larger goals. Transportation planners and engineers always focus on the efficient movement of people and goods across the country. However, transportation touches all aspects of city life such as economic development, quality of life, social equity, public health and ecological sustainability.
Ecological sustainability, Economic development, Importance of Transportation Planning, Public health, Quality of life, Social equity, Sustainable transport, Sustainable Urbanism, Town Planning, Transport planning, Transportation planning
- Planning your work | Seven Aspects of Personality Development
- Green Architecture Features in High Rise Buildings
- The Spatial Codes | Architectural Drawing and Design
- Development of Architecture | Bases of Evolution
- Establishing Direct Contacts with Clients and Setting up Office
- Water Efficiency | Principles of Green Architecture
- How to design a Duplex? | Architectural Design
- Layout of a Typical Drawing sheet and method of Dimensioning
- Thesis Guidelines | Final Year Student and his Thesis Introduction
- Planning Systems of an Office | Open plan Office and Closed Cabin System