Posts Tagged Economic development
Transportation planning’s related disciplines of land use planning, architecture, landscape design, urban economics and social policy have undergone major internal reform efforts over the past few decades but unfortunately, transport planning seems to be stuck in the 1950s mentality and believes that all the urban problems such as congestion, mobility and economic development has an engineering solution.
Sustainable Urbanism has been identified as the most important environmental concern of the coming century by different experts from different fields whereas transportation planning remains isolated forming a large gap in the strategies of urban sustainability.
Importance of Transportation planning
Transportation is not an end in itself. Rather, it is an investment tool that cities use to help achieve their larger goals. Transportation planners and engineers always focus on the efficient movement of people and goods across the country. However, transportation touches all aspects of city life such as economic development, quality of life, social equity, public health and ecological sustainability.
Ecological sustainability, Economic development, Importance of Transportation Planning, Public health, Quality of life, Social equity, Sustainable transport, Sustainable Urbanism, Town Planning, Transport planning, Transportation planning
- Fences, Drainage and Lighting | Elements of Landscape Architecture
- Architectural & Cultural Transformations after the Industrial Revolution
- Cafeteria Design Guide | Architectural Design
- How to design a Duplex? | Architectural Design
- Design considerations for an Institution | Architectural Design
- Design of a Jewellery Showroom by Archeng Designers
- List of Drawings in a Typical Design Portfolio
- Design of an Artist’s House | Guide for conducting a casestudy of a Villa
- Introductory Lecture on Sociology | Necessity in Architecture
- Technical Transformations in Architecture | Impact of Industrial Revolution