Legendary Architect Le Corbusier
National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo
- Le Corbusier – A Legend
- Born on October 6, 1887
- Swiss-French architect, painter, and writer
- development of modern architecture
- Le Corbusier designed his first project at the age of nineteen with a local architect.
- studied modern building construction under Auguste Perret in Paris
- He also worked in Berlin in the architectural office of Peter Behrens.
- In 1912, after returning to his hometown, he taught architecture in L’Éplattenier’s industrial art school
- Worked with German architect Josef Hoffmann.
- In 1917, Le Corbusier left his homwtown La Chaux-de-Fonds and moved to Paris
- In 1918 he lost the sight of one eye, a traumatic event, which affected his spatial orientation.
- In 1922, partnership with Pierre Jeanneret.