Housing is a fundamental need. Designing a housing complex on a sound architectural basis – blending various concepts such as environmentally friendly apartments, suburbia, medium rise and solar efficient apartments on a modular grid system of planning – while accommodating different family budgets is a gigantic task.
Infrastructure required for Multi-stories Units
Rapid increase in Urban population all over the world due to migration of people from rural areas, growth in information Technology, job opportunities, location of important Government offices, establishment of Multi National Companies, entertainment centres, Corporate Hospitals, etc have made Housing an ever-increasing demand. The potential to shun seemingly monotonous large spaces and to suggest alternative, best use of compact space has become the need of the day. The goal is to challenge space limits in order to allow for a more transformative Architecture in which to dwell.
We live in an increasingly compact, mobile world – cell phones are smaller but with greater coverage, laptops are more mainstream than their desktop counterparts. In this digital era, where premium is placed on a smaller and faster product, then Housing can also follow suit – by combining the advantages of digital products with modular housing units to enhance the value of a meaningful permanent house – easy to maintain and economical to sustain.
Issues to be considered for the Housing Design
- Density, mixed landuse, (master layout) ground coverage, development controls, social pattern
- Use Urban systems, Services and their integration with the Project
- Requirements (derived from surveys) in all respects
- Issues in appropriate technology and costs
- Issues of hierarchy, identity of space, integration of community etc
- Detailing for the disabled and elderly
- Local architectural responses to climate, culture, traditional values, building elements