Ways to obtain work in Architecture | Professional Practice
In my previous article, I discussed the method of obtaining work “Waiting Period in Architecture”. Now we will move on with the discussion on “How to establish Direct Contacts with Clients and Setting up of your Office”.
Here is the list of different ways in which the work can be obtained:
- From Friends and relatives
- By your work
- By specialization
- By Luck
- By Winning architectural competition
- Through Chartered accountants and advocates
- Before setting up your practice
- Waiting period
- Setting up your office
- Computer Networking
- Regular attendance
Try to establish direct contacts with the client
At the beginning of your practice and even many a times later, you will come across some one who will assure you to suggest you name to a prospective client. Be careful with such middlemen. He may suggest you to hand over to him the sketches and that he may in turn show the sketches to the client. An established furniture maker in the town may ask you for furniture drawings, promising a client. Do not agree to this suggestion. As far as possible, you shall meet the client personally and discuss with him the requirements and the drawings. Many a times sketches handed over to middlemen are misused.
Setting up your office
You may set up your office in a big city or even in a smaller district place. You shall consider the following points while setting up your office.
- It is not necessary to be on the main street or in a market place. Your office can be as well in the suburban area and even in a residential locality. But it helps to have a prominent address. It should be easy to find out or to locate.
- You may have a small room as an office to begin with. It could be a part of your residence, provided it has a direct access and not an access through your residence. Another important point is to be observed that during office hours care shall be taken that the room shall look like an office room.
Also check out “Guide to Personality Development for Professionals“.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.