7 Reasons Why You Should Study Architecture

Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and other physical structures.

Architecture is about the making of places where people spend their lives. Architects are not just concerned with the exterior and interior design of a building, but the environment as a whole and how the living inside this building feel, which could be improved with accessories as the Best dehumidifier you can buy online so also the mold doesn’t develop. Architecture is mostly about human beings living in a “better” way then before. Social sciences and psychology is as important as nanotechnology and sustainable materials…

Make sure to find out more about plantation shutters here.

Study Architecture

There is an important questions that needs to be asked. Why study Architecture in the first place? What are the merits of choosing Architecture as a career over other professions? And what could be the compromises and trade-offs an Architecture student might have to make to achieve success?

Here are the 7 reasons that could convince anyone to take up Architecture as a profession…

1. An Architect is a sort of an inventor. Like an inventor who goes about making and designing new gadgets, you go around designing new buildings. Architecture is a very satisfying profession You’ll get a tremendous sense of delight after your concepts on paper transform into real buildings. You’ll know the joy of creation in this field of Architecture and where the professionals are like roof repair rocky mount nc that you can count on for roof maintenance…

2. A course in Architecture is a lot of fun. Unlike traditional colleges where you must slog yourself in study halls and libraries, reading and writing all the time, a course in Architecture gives you the liberty to use the right side of your brain, the creative part. You get a lot of opportunities to showcase your creativity and ingenuity while designing structures.

3. Architecture is a very high paying field. Once you get through the course and pass out with good grades, you’d be pursued by large firms looking for fresh talent and new ideas. And compared to most other fields, Architects make a lot more money. With a wage like that it is easy to acquire a full coverage from i4mt for your car.

4. It is easy to define Architecture but the word has far deeper meaning than it implies. While you study Architecture, you get to study various fields of human endeavor, including Art, History, Material Science, Physics, Engineering… anything and everything that can help improve the living environment of human beings. It is the most diverse subject you can find. And yet, this field attracts the most creative and romantic minds in the world.

5. The work of an Architect one of the most challenging and enjoyable imaginable. Every building is different. Every project is different. There is absolutely no monotony in life. The thrill and the challenge of work is exhilarating to say the least.

6. If you’re the kind of guy (or gal) who likes to work with his (or her) hands, then Architecture is the right profession for you.  In Architecture study course, you get to work with your hands. Its not just about reading and writing all the time, but you must have a hands-on approach on many assignments. Building scale models, making surveys, talking to people… its a very active field.

7. Architecture may sound like a 9 to 5 office job, but its not. Its a lot more than that. Even as a student of Architecture, you get to work on real-life problems of designing functional buildings. If you like to hit the road every now and then, you’re in for some luck. In this profession, you get to travel a lot. You have to put your feet on the ground, and visit construction sites.

Counter-Argument

Times Online in UK has published a very thought-provoking and interesting article about the perils of choosing Architecture. It is titled Who would want to be an architecture student? A very interesting read indeed.

If you are looking for golf course property for sale Desert Mountain AZ, visit www.propertiesofdesertmountain.com for more information. Otherwise, if you are looking to acquire services on property management in Orange County, CA, get in touch with Utopia Management.

In that article, Tom Dyckhoff has laid down in detail the problems faced by architecture students after they graduate. Architecture is a high profile field. We see the symbols of architecture everywhere around us. It is a “cool” career choice. But there isn’t enough demand for Architects. Due to the current housing recession, salaries have dropped, and they are considerably lower than those in the Medical or Dental fields.

It is true that architecture students work very hard to get that “edge” over others. They work day and night, often with little sleep, just so they can design the best project portfolio. But it doesn’t really pay off. Life of an architecture student is hard.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1. #1 by suhasi on August 15, 2014 - 8:49 am

hi i am doing my 12th std and i want to do architecture .could you please exactly tell me what to do now and further?

2. #2 by liyou on August 11, 2014 - 12:29 am

Hi, i am considering going into architecture but i not verry gpod at math and i concerned that that will make my studies very hard, is math really verry important in architecture?

• #3 by BenzuJK on August 25, 2014 - 4:08 pm

Math is very important in architecture. You will have complex engineering subjects in Architecture where you will need to do a lot of complex mathematical calculations. So be careful before you choose your career path.

3. #4 by kritika on August 5, 2014 - 3:57 am

PLEASE HELP ME
    I m in 2nd yr doing b.arch
    but now in 2nd yr when I am seriously thinking about doing landscape architecture after b.arch
    1. if I wanna apply for landscape architect in m.arch then what should I do side by side so that from now on I can start thinking of landscape architecture??
    2. can I make gud amount of money in landscape architecture????
    3. how to go on for landscape architecture???
    please guide me properly as wht am I supposed to do now.bcoz now I m seriously worried about my career.please help

• #5 by BenzuJK on August 25, 2014 - 4:10 pm

Hello Kritika,

Do what you really enjoy doing. If you are good at what you do, you will make a lot of money.

Good luck!

4. #6 by aashii on August 4, 2014 - 9:15 pm

our college faculty n seniors always ask y u hv chosen architecture but we have no answers can u tell me a reason y to choose architecture….
    and plz tell me a reason that can convince them

• #7 by BenzuJK on August 25, 2014 - 4:15 pm

You should not be thinking of convincing them. It is important that you know why you took architecture in the first place. You are the one who is going to live with it for your entire life. If you are not very sure why you are doing it then it will be worthwhile to think why you chose the career you did.

I hope this helps.
      Good luck!

Cheers:)

5. #8 by mimi on August 1, 2014 - 11:17 pm

hi,im mimi 16 years old .I want to study architecture, im not good at math but im very good at art skecthing,desaigning or everything that is art.so what should i do

6. #9 by Nisa on July 15, 2014 - 11:32 am

Hi I’m a student of economic last year I couldnt get in architecture in the uni i wanted so i went economic .First i didnt want to study archi. But my mom likes it a lot and my family thinks it is a good caarer so i applyed then i convinced myself that i like it cause being an architect is a good job but now that i have to choose if i want to apply again i dont now what to do .i really like their job but i cant see myself doing their job im good at drawing but im not creative i dont think i would like to draw or to design buildings all my life ,does creativity come with experience ??i dont now that to do and i dont have time to think well cause until tomorrow i have to choose ??

7. #10 by Fiza on June 20, 2014 - 9:34 pm

I din’t mean that teachers did’nt teach me or something like that! They did not give me internal marks which was 30%. I scored 68% in my 12th examination! If they would have given me marks i would have scored very well. Now my father believes me that the teachers did not give me internal marks! Because the same thing happend with someone last year. I am ready to do hard work, whatever it takes. And the college in which i am going to take admission is a very good college with excellent teaching staff for architecture!

8. #11 by Sharvari on June 19, 2014 - 1:53 pm

Hello..
    Currently i m studying in 12th grd n i really wan to become an architect bt many people say ppl choosing architecture dont have much scope in future.. I am really confused and i need help in taking decision. I am good at sketching and drawing even i love creativity but not that much good in Math

• #12 by BenzuJK on June 20, 2014 - 1:40 am

Dear Sharvari,
      IF you are really passionate about becoming an architect then you should go for it. About having scope, people will always need houses to live in and with increasing population the need for new houses is on the rise. If you are good at what you do, you will either find a good job in a good company or establish your own. Although making a career in architecture is no joke. It is not a bed of roses. Take decisions wisely.
      All the best.
      Cheers 🙂

9. #13 by Luzy on June 13, 2014 - 4:57 pm

Hi,

I want to become an architect but I am not sure which A level courses an architect needs.

10. #14 by ashwini on June 12, 2014 - 10:06 pm

Sir,
    I am currently doing 3rd year B.Arch.I would like to know what are the options available after completing the course.what all courses can be mastered in for better post or for better job ?

11. #15 by Fiza on June 6, 2014 - 4:26 pm

Hello! I completed my 12th with science and maths. I scored less in my 12th examination especially in maths. Due to some problems in life and the teachers i could’nt score good. Otherwise i am good in maths. I studied on my own for 12th. I am very passionate about architecture. My mom and my brother do encourage me but my dad thinks i can’t do well in architecture since i din’t do well in my 12th exams. He says there is lot of hard work in it. But i prepared for the entrance exam of architecture in just 28 days and i passed out with very good marks! I am creative, good in drawing, i just love to do artistic things! Please tell me what to do! I cannot think of pursuing any other career than architecture!

• #16 by BenzuJK on June 20, 2014 - 1:46 am

Dear Fiza,
      Architecture is not just drawing and painting. It involves a lot of serious work. You definitely have to be good at Math if you want to be a good architect. It does involve a lot of hard work. Most of the learning in architecture has to be done ourselves. Noone will spoonfeed you. Hence, if you score bad in your architecture exams, you will not be able to blame your teachers. You have to do it yourself. I would encourage you to get into architecture only if you are willing to work really hard and are determined to give your best.

12. #17 by ankur on June 6, 2014 - 12:04 am

i m ankur..i ll complete my 12 aftr 6 mnths..i m bit confused regarding wich stream i would like to pursue..sme r saying to do b.tech nd then mba…bt i m bit interested in architecture..i want a job where i m highly paid..i ve to wrk hard nd i wnt to enjoy what i m doing..can any1 plz suggest a proffession in whch u r highly paid nd ur future is secured

13. #18 by riya on May 22, 2014 - 10:45 pm

hey I m in 12th std n futher I m planning to do architecture ….is it possible that frm art stream we cn opt for architecture…..

14. #19 by Clinton on May 22, 2014 - 11:14 am

I love architecture. Nw m b.arch 3rd year. It’s very interesting. But after m graduation will be scope of architect down???

15. #20 by Cameron on May 22, 2014 - 7:07 am

Hello,

I have a question or so about the career of architecture and the path you took to get there. I am currently working on my AA and plan on majoring in architecture. Then will transfer to a specific archiecture school to finish BA and possibly MA. During my BA I want to be in an internship with a company to start my practice in the field.

I was wondering about this decision and what you did? Thanks

• #21 by BenzuJK on May 25, 2014 - 5:55 pm

Hello Cameron,

It is a clever idea to get into an internship when pursuing BA. I worked for two years in an Architectural Consultancy firm before opting for MA. The experience gained comes handy when pursuing Masters. It is an amazing experience! I hope that helps.

16. #22 by sahil on May 21, 2014 - 10:03 pm

Hey!
    I m sahil.. n I want to become architect.. n I want to know what are the subjects in this field taught in college..

17. #23 by Aiswarya on February 18, 2014 - 1:51 am

Hi,
    I like photography and art. I’m not very bad at math either. Would choosing a stream aiming for architecture be productive in India?

18. #24 by Suhasi on February 15, 2014 - 3:55 pm

Hi,I am 15 .can I do arch after taking bio-maths as my subject? If so what I want to learn now?

19. #25 by karan on February 11, 2014 - 7:09 pm

Hello,I am in college in 1st year with civil engineering as my branch. But I dont find it ibteresting enough.i am good at maths and am PASSIONATE about ARCHITECTURE, I am NOT THAT CREATIVE but passionate. I am planning to drop civil engineering and join architecture.
    Should I do it ? Please answer me in detail.

• #26 by BenzuJK on February 16, 2014 - 5:53 pm

Hello Karan,
      If you are passionate about Architecture and if you are confident about working hard to develop your creative side, then you should definitely go for it. Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding Architecture.
      All the best.
      Cheers 🙂

20. #27 by Nikita on February 4, 2014 - 11:13 am

Hi….. I’m currently in my 12 nd board exams r in a month!! I want to do B.Arch nd I know that I have to write NATA… But do yu think it’ll be late if I start preparing for it after my boards?? I’m ok at drawing… Nd I would like to know if I should go for coaching classes!!

• #28 by BenzuJK on February 16, 2014 - 5:55 pm

Hello Nikita,
      You won’t be late even if you join after your board exams. But after you are done with your board exams, you really need to focus on your work.

Cheers 🙂

21. #29 by Neethu on February 1, 2014 - 6:28 pm

hello sir, i am a class 12 student. i eish to be an architect. the reason why i chose it because it looks like a different type of course and i would like to do something intresting and creative. but i doubt about my skill to clear nata test. am i going in the right path.. please guide me…

• #30 by BenzuJK on February 1, 2014 - 11:16 pm

The Architectural Entrance Exam is not very difficult. If you doubt about passing the exam, I suggest that you should do something else you are interested in. Architecture is a tough field. Apart from being creative, it requires a lot of hard work, passion and dedication. I hope this helps.

• #31 by Neethu on February 2, 2014 - 7:13 pm

can u suggest any such courses? please

• #32 by BenzuJK on February 3, 2014 - 7:18 pm

Hi Neethu,

You could opt for Interior Design or Fashion Design. They are creative courses as well. You will probably enjoy them.

Good luck!

22. #33 by Ananya on January 31, 2014 - 10:30 am

Hello,
    Im currently 15 and I want to pursue my career in architectural engineering. I have a great interest in this field which involves both maths and art in some way or the other. I like to travel a lot and I heard that this field involves a lot of travel. is that true? if yes, then which particular field in architecture should I go for? Also, do I have to take coaching classes for nata? When should I start with this coaching? And I must admit, I was wondering how much does an architect earn yearly? For a person aiming for a luxury living, is architectural engineering the right choice? Thanks.

• #34 by BenzuJK on February 3, 2014 - 7:21 pm

Hello Ananya,

Yes, you do get to travel a lot. The more you see the better ideas you get for designing. About making money, if you can successfully become a good Architect with really good design skills, you will definitely make good money. Money does not come easy. You have to be exceptional.

Good Luck!

23. #35 by Nickita on January 25, 2014 - 11:05 am

Hello there…Im a practising architect in India…its been 6 years since ive passed out of college and now im getting married to a british guy and planning to settle abroad….i was searching for info if I could work in Uk after marriage????if so what is the procedure that i need to follow…Ive done B.Arch 5 yrs degree in architecture in India…Please could you help me out…God Bless You…

• #36 by BenzuJK on January 30, 2014 - 10:41 pm

Hello Nickita,
      You will have to pass RIBA parts 1, 2, and 3. You might be able to clear RIBA parts 1 & 2 with your bachelors qualification but you will need to work under a British Architect for two years to obtain RIBA part 3 after which you will gain the status of a Chartered Architect.

Good Luck!

Cheers 🙂

24. #37 by Max Sterry on January 19, 2014 - 6:42 am

Architecture is a career that I’ve been looking into for about five years now, since I was twelve. I’ve started applying to universities (Carleton, Waterloo and UBC, all three are canadian) and am working through the applications. As far as strengths and weaknesses go, math, physics and the technical side of architecture should not pose too much of a problem for me, as I have always been strong in these fields. Because of cuts to education where I am (BC), subjects like drafting were cut, leaving the only artistic course as art, which I did not take. In hindsight this was a mistake, but now other than taking courses at the art centre and sketching buildings, either from pictures or my imagination, is there anything I could do that would help with the creative aspect?

• #38 by BenzuJK on January 25, 2014 - 12:05 am

Hello Max,

Since you are strong with all these technical subjects means you would perform very well in almost all the subjects in Architecture degree. If you are worried about your drawing skills, you definitely need to work on that one. Being able to sketch does not necessarily mean that you would become creative. But it is a skill that comes handy during Architectural design projects. This is one of the most important skills required to become an Architect but sometimes it is mistaken and considered as the only important skill which is not true. So, I would suggest that you should start practicing sketching. As far as creativity is concerned, it is inside you. Sketching is a tool that will help you draw on paper all that you are thinking. And this is incredibly important. Most students do not know how to sketch when they join Architecture. It is not that they cannot design well. It is just that they can never express on paper what they are thinking. They end up drawing something that does not resemble their thoughts. I hope this was helpful.

Good luck with your future!

Cheers 🙂

25. #39 by Riya on January 13, 2014 - 10:12 am

Hello, as U had asked I want to study architecture because I feel it creative and U won’t get bored of its lifestyle later like engineering! But my drawing is not so great its average! So I thought about it as I even have a construction and architecture background..! Please reply.

• #40 by BenzuJK on January 13, 2014 - 5:05 pm

Hello Riya,

It is good to know that you have Architecture background. I am assuming that your father is an Architect or someone in your family is into Architecture. Good drawing makes a huge difference because you can express your thoughts on paper. Although it may not be a compulsion, you still have to have good imagination. There is immense amount of work you need to put into Architecture. It is no fun field. It requires a lot of hard work, dedication, passion and creativity. I am sure if you really think you can work hard and are passionate about design, you will make it.

Cheers 🙂

26. #41 by asd on January 6, 2014 - 10:55 pm

I’m in 11th standard and I want to pursue my career in architecture and I have to speak on the topic career so how should I start it so would you please tell me please reply soon Benzujk

• #42 by BenzuJK on January 13, 2014 - 4:00 am

Hello there,
      Good to hear from you. I would be more than happy to help you decide if you should Architecture as your career. So tell me, what would you like to discuss?
      We are open to discussions.

Cheers 🙂

27. #43 by Riya on December 31, 2013 - 4:39 am

Hey I m studying in class 12th in India. I have been preparing for engineering entrances over 2 yrs…but past few months I m having an inclination towards architecture…
    I m very much confused what to do now
    N how to prepare for architecture entrance?
    Please help out…

• #44 by BenzuJK on January 13, 2014 - 4:15 am

Hello Riya,

I would like to know the reason why you want to switch your career choice from engineering to Architecture. It would help me to guide you for taking the right decision.
      About Architecture Entrance Exam
      NATA – National Aptitude Test for Architecture
      You could either join classes. Or you could refer books available in the market.

28. #45 by kaung on December 27, 2013 - 2:22 am

hello,i have some questions for my life i like architecture and i also interest in computer science! please tell me about architecture

29. #46 by kaung on December 24, 2013 - 8:56 pm

i want to be a architect……..and i also want to be a computer technician……..so which career should i choose…….is architecture a great career?

• #47 by BenzuJK on December 27, 2013 - 6:30 am

In this economy, I wouldn’t say Architecture is a sought-after career. Construction activity has slowed down. Computer programming and related tech careers are better in this day and age…

Think about what you really love to do, and pursue a career in that field. You will be successful.

Cheers!

30. #48 by abhi gadhave on November 29, 2013 - 1:07 am

how much percentage required in pcmb for architect in hsc exam?

31. #49 by sunand sarkar on November 23, 2013 - 9:30 am

hellow sir,
    i m in 12, preparing for nata,, m preety good in sketching. but somtimes i find myself m creative, some times not, i am confused about what level of creativity should i have to become a real architect. i like this proffession but i am also afraid of unemployment. ([email protected]) is my mail address, i woul be grateful if u mail me their, i may also send u my sketches. pls help.

32. #50 by sneha on November 16, 2013 - 6:27 am

which of the three category would be perfect to choose…in architecture?…..and…whch would…help….me to earn money..in short period of time?……….

33. #51 by ishrat on October 23, 2013 - 5:06 am

hello,
    i m about to finish 12th in 2014 nd i wnt to go for architecture. can u plz tell wht r d imp. subjects for architecture and wht will i study if i choose architecture. is it good for girls taking this field?

34. #52 by Marissa on October 7, 2013 - 9:47 pm

Hai… well I have engineering graphics and design as a subject and I have really high marks (average of 80%)… I love to draw thing and I don’t know I am fascinated by architecture…. I think I could be really good at it because of my creativity….

35. #53 by David Cardew on October 6, 2013 - 1:19 am

Yes architecture to not viable in the US, UK or anywhere you need a qualification. As if you need a qualification to do it, it would not be art or science therefore architecture. Which is why architecture is very interesting and confusing and low paid.
    If you are interested in art or science find something else to do in art or science. If you are interested in building design find a building design course instead. Either way you are more likely to find employment and get better paid as you will be doing what you are saying and people appreciate that more saying one thing and doing another because it is confusing.
    I say this to save people a lot of wasted hard work

36. #54 by nadee on September 22, 2013 - 11:24 am

hi.i have competed my 12th year.im intrested in architecture field but i dnt think im creative at all. afterall im bit weak in my drawings. but i hv been trying to practise drawings from the day when i wanted to be a architect. so do u think ths will be good for me, like can i cope up in ths carrer?

• #55 by BenzuJK on October 5, 2013 - 7:57 am

Hello Nadee,

What makes you feel interested in Architecture? I will be able to answer your question once you answer mine.

Cheers 🙂

37. #56 by Marissa on August 31, 2013 - 7:31 am

Hi..
    I really want to study architecture, I still have a year to decide but I was positive about it until someone came to me and told me that it is a really hard and difficult cours, I’m beginning to doubt myself and that this is the right course for me. I have alsow done a lot of research and I’m scared that I study and work really hard and then I’m not successful in this field. Do you have any suggestions, tips or advice for me ? please…. (I’m 17 and live in South Africa)

• #57 by BenzuJK on October 5, 2013 - 8:12 am

Hello Marissa,

It is very difficult to tell if this is a hard course or not. It definitely involves a lot of hard work and dedication. With regards to being successful as an architecture student and then as an architect depends entirely on the individuals hard work and passion towards the field.
      One question I would like to ask you is what got you interested in Architecture? What is it about Architecture that really makes you want to become an Architect?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers 🙂

38. #58 by Erik Nielsen on August 16, 2013 - 4:39 pm

Hi I am interested in architecture but I have heard it is not a viable field in the US, where I am. Do you know about this, is it still a good field to work in, and are there reasonable employment possibilities?

• #59 by BenzuJK on October 5, 2013 - 8:14 am

Hello Erik,

I live in the UK. But I am aware of the employment opportunities worldwide. You can definitely find a good job after having gotten through Architectural course. The scope for sustainable construction is on the rise. The opportunities for construction in the west is on the rise.
      Could you share any of your research that makes you feel that Architecture is not a viable field in the United States?

39. #60 by Afdez on August 16, 2013 - 11:52 am

Hello, i graduated from high school in june and i am still confussed about what to study. I really like architecture but also interior design; I’ve been doing some research online but still are very confussed. Can i get a M.Arch if i study first a BFA in interior design? Thank you!!

• #61 by BenzuJK on October 5, 2013 - 8:17 am

Does BFA mean Bachelors in Fine Arts? I am not sure if you would be allowed to pursue March after doing this course. I presume that BFA in Interior design is a three year course whereas B.arch is a five year course. You should check with the university you are planning to apply and see what they say regarding your plans for Masters in Architecture.

40. #62 by sushmi on August 9, 2013 - 11:06 pm

hi im doing my twelfth standard . and i want to pursue architecture . i jus have a few more months left for my entrance . by this time i would like to improve my designing and creativity skills . could you please suggest a few tips for me to get acquainted with this field right from now on?

• #63 by BenzuJK on August 15, 2013 - 1:51 am

Hello Sushmi,
      I suggest that you practice drawing and sketching, read some good books on Architects such as Le Corbusier, Frank Llyod Wright. Read design philosophies of various world renowned architects, read about the new ongoing projects across the globe.

41. #64 by Jeff Field on August 4, 2013 - 5:48 am

Hi, I’m would what you classify as a mature aged (44yrs) student wanna be, for the last 13 years I have been building remote housing for aboriginals in central Australia, and when I say remote I mean 300-500kms from the nearest big townships like Alice Springs, with the backdrop of spectacular remote desert and places like Uluru. The housing I have been building is government designed and even with my lack of architectural knowledge I have noticed that the constructions do not fit well with the needs and lifestyles of the aboriginal people. I have a background in television production as I was a technical director for television and that encompassed set design and lighting design as well as camera layout and control. I carried forth and became a carpenter so I have knowledge of the ‘nuts and bolts’ of building and construct techniques…my question to you is can these attributes help me to fast track through some of the parameters of the required courses and can you give me the url to a decent web site that can give me a concise breakdown of the required units so I can assess them and see this vision become a reality …the sites I have found have been vague at best with more attention paid to fees required than the actual course breakdowns in detail…if you can help me with this it will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Jeff Field

42. #65 by Tommy on August 2, 2013 - 2:50 pm

Hello, I’m currently in a rough situation. I don’t know what to do with my life. For all of my life I’ve loved to do things hands on. I like bringing whats in my mind to life. I love engineering. I also love architecture. Im not sure what to choose between to go to college for. Is there any way you could persuade me?

• #66 by BenzuJK on August 15, 2013 - 1:54 am

Hello Tommy,

Engineering is more of a technical field and Architecture is creative and technical. IF you enjoy a lot of MAth and technical subjects, you should opt for Engineering whereas if you enjoy doing creative stuff, go for Architecture. Architecture is a mixture of both creative and technical sides.

43. #67 by MOHD ZUBAIR SHEIKH on August 2, 2013 - 4:39 am

Hii,
    I’m Zubaur i Had Pass My 12th with good marks and I was confuse what field is good for me . Then I Had chose field of Architecture . It is right or wrong ………………………………………………………………………………………

• #68 by BenzuJK on August 15, 2013 - 1:58 am

Hello Zubair,

You shouldn’t choose a profession out of confusion. You have to completely aware of what you select and why you select. If you are so confused, go to the college and get a syllabus copy. Go through the subjects mentioned and their description. That will give you a fair idea of the kind of subjects that are there in the course.
      Once you do this, get back to me and let me know what you think.

44. #69 by Gervase,Frank Rwegoshora on July 18, 2013 - 6:09 am

I like to study landscape architecture but i don’t understand it please help me understand

• #70 by BenzuJK on August 15, 2013 - 1:59 am

Hello Frank,

If you love landscape designing and understand what trees and plants should go where, then landscape architecture is perfect for you. So, tell me what are your reasons for wanting to go for landscape architecture?

45. #71 by MONISHA on July 16, 2013 - 8:06 pm

hi sir I got admission in BMS collage for architecture I just want to know what all willl b der in archi
    and any preparations needed before joining to archi????? collage starts frm sep 1st week

• #72 by BenzuJK on August 15, 2013 - 2:01 am

Hello Monisha,

You don’t have to be nervous when you join college. All you need to keep in mind is that you have to work hard and concentrate only if you wish to stand out from the rest of your class. If there is any help you need while on your course, just back to us and we will see how we can help you.

All the best!

Cheers 🙂

46. #73 by SHREYA on July 14, 2013 - 7:27 am

I WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER THE RANKING OF COLLEGE FROM WHICH ONE SECURES B’ARCH DEGREE MATTERS IN FUTURE CARRER..??

47. #74 by lorn thorn leaksmey on July 13, 2013 - 8:18 pm

I wantto be an architect,but I don’t know how I get success and what subject that I should focus.

48. #75 by A.M. on July 10, 2013 - 2:58 am

Hi im arlenne and im in usa right now i passed college algebra, trigonometry and precalculus and currently taking a calculus course, I am good at sketching if I take my sweet time but I dont draw often unless im bored or whatever, once I sketched a skull for my anatomy and physiology honors project and it looked the best out of the entire class to the point my teacher stole it from me :(… I wonder if architecture is for me, I do find it more appealing than engineering, i know landing a job in architecture would be hard but in case of that i already have a regular job at the moment or since i come from a military family i can always land a job in the military if financial strains are too much lol, also how hard is it to juggle architecture classes with work? I also want to know what sort of tools do architecture students use to do all the sketching, drawing designing, etc.

49. #76 by prags on July 5, 2013 - 11:59 am

Hello,
    I’m a student currently studying in India…and I would love to become an architect! But i’m really confused about it, cause we have limited, well actually grouped, subject options in eleventh grade…so if I take maths and physics, I would have to take chemistry…and I wouldn’t be able to take fine arts…so basically my question is, how necessary is Physics for architect? Is there a way I can become an architect without taking physics? And just to mention, I love creating things so that part won’t be a problem…but I hate, literally hate, chemistry and physics…
    Hope to hear back soon,
    a really confused student 🙂

50. #77 by taran on July 3, 2013 - 8:16 am

Hi ! This is Taran. I have got14000 rank in jee paper 2 for arch.
    so please let me know which are the best colleges for architecture.