Perceptual/Psycological Space | Architectural Drawing
Observing the behaviour of occupants of different types of interior space and an introspection of ourselves in relation to each space.
- A comic strip format
- The shape, sound and dynamics of space
Select three different kinds of interior space:
- A small confined space – waiting room
- A large lofty space – mosque/mandir etc
- Public/Private space – a spherical shape
One hour in each space.
Each space with three sets of observations:
- Shape – plan/section with human figure with your physical presence.
- Sound – Range of materials with sound make written notes size, shape and surface.
- The Dynamics
Draw a large plan and record the circulation pattern and use of space.
The main aim of this exercise is to experience space through direct involvement.
(Bubbles of personal space)
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.