Perceptual/Psycological Space | Architectural Drawing
Observing the behaviour of occupants of different types of interior space and an introspection of ourselves in relation to each space.
- A comic strip format
- The shape, sound and dynamics of space
Select three different kinds of interior space:
- A small confined space – waiting room
- A large lofty space – mosque/mandir etc
- Public/Private space – a spherical shape
One hour in each space.
Each space with three sets of observations:
- Shape – plan/section with human figure with your physical presence.
- Sound – Range of materials with sound make written notes size, shape and surface.
- The Dynamics
Draw a large plan and record the circulation pattern and use of space.
The main aim of this exercise is to experience space through direct involvement.
(Bubbles of personal space)